The byproduct of playing games in prime time is that reporters on deadline can't get both a game story and a sidebar or column in the paper. That's good for us, as it got the women's basketball team two days of coverage in the papers.
• Paul Franklin of the Home News thinks that this season might be coach Stringer's best coaching job yet.
• Aditi Kinkhabwala wrote in The Record that coach Stringer kept the Scarlet Knights calm, cool and collected.
• Bridget Wentworth of the Star Ledger gets two stories in, one about Matee Ajavon's redemption and one talking about how the Big East title will help Rutgers' draw in the NCAA tourney.
• In other RU sports, freshman Justin Pennington was named ECAC Men's Lax Rookie of the week. Inside Lacrosse has the story.
• I've been getting flack for not having more Targum stories, so here are links to four of them today.
Brian Johnson looks at the future of the men's basketball program.
Nick Pauly previews the baseball team's Spring Break, while Brian Skirka takes a look at the upcoming softball trip.
Stephen K. Lee implores Rutgers students to come out and support the Scarlet Knights.
• Last news clip of the day has nothing to do with Rutgers, aside the fact that the events Steve Politi described happened at the RAC last night. I wanted to add this clip, if for nothing else, to show how much people care about sports in New Jersey. This is a great state to live in for sports, especially high school sports. Read the column here.